Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thinking About Home

I've noticed this week that I'm starting to miss things from home. Of course, I miss my friends and family, but I mean things. Like the other night I was thinking that I would love to have a pizza or some really crispy fried chicken. Then Mark started talking about Taco Bell. I miss the familiarity of things at home - roads, stores, words on signs, houses, restaurants, foods, TV shows, etc. Don't get me wrong . . . I have enjoyed getting to know my way around this new place and getting to know the people. But I am realizing how often I took the familiar for granted. And even after a month the thought of a store as big as Super-Walmart blows my mind!!

So with all of that in mind, I think Mark and I are going on a date this weekend. There is a city a little over an hour away that has a mall with some fun things to do. We were going to go just to do some necessary shopping and come right back home, but there are a few places in the mall that are "imported" from home that we are looking forward to enjoying - like Starbucks and Burger King! A little taste of home!!

Let's just hope we can find our way. It's the first time we've been out of the city alone. Yikes!! We'll report back and let you know we found our way back home. Maybe we'll even have some crazy, silly story to tell about our adventures during the day!

Until then . . .
M&M

No comments: