Tonight I (Melissa) attended my first "Ladies Night Out" with some of my neighbors. We drank lots of tea, ate some cookies, and played BINGO. It was lots of fun and GREAT practice listening to numbers in our new language. The most interesting part of the evening was when I realized that the catalogs being passed around the room of women were for Avon and Tupperware!! How about that?! I suppose that we women really all speak the same "language," huh? I didn't buy anything tonight, but after I begin to understand some more of the language I might have to do a little shopping!
Our relationships are beginning to blossom, and it is so exciting to begin to understand a few words here and there when we speak with them! Nights like tonight are just what we need to jump start our language skills.
The rest of our furniture was delivered tonight, so stay posted . . . we'll send pictures soon.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment