Saturday, November 17, 2007
Bon Appetit!
Last night as I was getting our leftover spaghetti dressed up to go in the oven as a baked dish our door bell rang. It was one of our neighbors, and she handed me a plate wrapped in aluminum foil. She said it was fish. We thanked her, wished her a good night, and closed the door, hoping there would be no heads or eyeballs under that foil!! It turned out to be a plate full of sardines (beheaded thankfully). Neither of us had ever tasted these little fish but we knew that we could not avoid it here - the time had come!! So we each grabbed a fork and dug in. Surprisingly, they weren't all that bad. I won't go so far as to say we'll be cooking them ourselves, but at least when they are served to us we'll be able to handle them. So for supper we had leftover baked spaghetti, broccoli, AND sardines!! How crazy is that?! I'm sure it's only the first of many interesting food combinations. Bon appetit!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment