Wednesday, November 28, 2007

From the Other "M" in the Journal

Hmm - where to start. As you can probably tell this is the other m from the other m that writes in our m&m journal. Now that I have you totally confused - here is my first post. Let me just tell you how my day started out today. You may or may not know our hot water heater runs off of propane gas (like you would have for your gas grill outside). Well we have one of those propane tanks underneath our kitchen sink to heat our water and one for our gas stove. You never know when you are going to run out of gas until you run out of gas. For example as I was in the shower this morning the gas decided to run out and when it runs out it runs out. No warm shower for me just cold water. But what does the Book say? It says: rejoice in everything, and if that was not enough it says it again, "rejoice". I rejoice because I have water.
Late last night I had a friend drop in that I had been trying to reconnect with unsuccessfully. I called his cell phone and even sent text messages in our new language (of course my sentences were really short) but was still unable to connect with him, until last night - he just dropped by for a late night visit (that can happen a lot here). He showed me my text messages. He had saved those text messages and he actually understood what I was trying to say to him. As we sat and visited we looked through a small photo album. He laughed at the pictures where I had hair. We were able to communicate a whole lot more than the first time we met. He doesn't speak any English so I always look forward to communicating with him.
This Friday - both mm's are going to a furniture store for lunch. You heard me right - who would have thought you could have food at a furniture store, right? Well, I have a friend that owns a furniture store who I have eaten lunch with on several occasions. The older lady that cooks the food told me the other day that she had missed me because she had not seen me for seven whole days and wanted me to come this week for food (meaning: lunch). I said I will come this Friday, so we are going to a furniture for lunch this Friday. I can't wait.

No comments: