Isn't he a beauty?! It took some time and quite a bit of team work to get him looking so good. And he was delicious!!
We had our big Thanksgiving meal yesterday in a nearby city. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as we ate some really delicious food, spent time talking with one another, and gave thanks to God for all of His blessings.
It was just like at home . . . the ladies were scrambling around the kitchen trying to get lunch ready, while the men were getting in the way, trying their hardest to taste test pies and other goodies, and the kids were playing together all over the house. Thankfully, we had some snacks that distracted the men for a while, and then they made it outside to play some football.
Our contribution to the meal included two pumpkin rolls and a potato casserole (like hasbrown casserole). A friend had some canned pumpkin that I could use for the pumpkin rolls, so other than a few minor differences in a couple of ingredients, they turned out really nice. The potato casserole was also really yummy, but it did require a little more work. At home, I could buy frozed hashbrowns, canned condensed soup, and bags of grated cheese. Here, we had to buy a bag of frozen french fries and cut them into hasbrown-sized pieces (this was a team effort!). I had to make my own condensed soup using a powdered soup mix. And I shredded my own cheese. It still didn't take too long, but it's not something I'll be making all the time!
We're supposed to all get together for Christmas, too, so we can't wait to see what makes it on the menu for that day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment