Overheard a guest say the other night . . . "I have been so excited about coming to your house tonight, Mark, because I knew I would get coffee!" Then, he repeated those same sentiments to me personally. When I served his coffee to him, he said, "Super!" and upon finishing the first cup asked for a second.
You may ask what's so special about our coffee. From our standpoint, nothing! It's freshly ground, French press brewed, coffee. But to our friend it must be kind of like how we feel about a fresh, hot cup of coffee from Starbucks.
Anyway, for we who had to learn by trial and error how to make good coffee in a French press (and believe me, we had to throw out quite a few of our first cups), it was the ultimate compliment!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we have a french press and it does make great coffee but you are right there is an art to using it!
Post a Comment