Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our Second Honeymoon

Yep . . . we had the most relaxing week last week celebrating 10 years of marriage! I was telling a friend today that I didn't realize how tired I had been until we got home from our vacation and I suddenly realized how refreshed I feel!! I promised some pictures, so here you go . . . you can see for yourselves why it was such a great trip. What a creative artist our Father is!!!


It's hard to make out, but these are some thirsty cows trying to get water from an almost dry riverbed.

This one's also a little hard to make out, but those are really cool rock formations that were all over the mountains in this particular area.
A view from high in the mountains.

We have no idea why, but those little dots all lined up are little stuffed animals (goats, sheep, cows, horses) that people were selling along the road.

This was our view from the Chinese restaurant where we managed to find some sweet and sour pork!!!

a view of the beach

the lagoon behind the beach in the picture above

Anyone want to walk the plank?! We took an 8 hour (sail)boat trip around some local islands. This is looking over the water from the back of the boat.

a passage through several islands
(I barely got that sailboat in the picture!)

We were able to actually set sail for a little while once we got out to almost open sea.
It was amazing!

This picture was taken from the boat. Can you believe how clear the water is?!

another beach - and those are the same islands we wound our way through on the 8 hour boat tour

our hotel room - no AC, all tile floors, and a shower that wet everything in the bathroom BUT we had TV and a clean bed to sleep in!!

Plus we had this nice big pool to ourselves since the holiday rush hasn't yet started.

the rickety old bridge to cross the canal to get to the beach - it was a little scary!

Harman - the hotel owner's dog - after his morning beach swim

the beach as we saw it from our beach chairs

1 comment:

Dan and Tami said...

I'm so glad ya'll had a restful time! It looks so beautiful!!