On a recent trip, I learned that you really don't need a shower curtain to take a shower. You just pile all of your clothes as far away from the stream of the shower nozzle as possible (which is not usually amounted on the wall here) and get the whole room wet. Interestingly enough, this week our shower curtain rod at home fell down and couldn't be put back up. We've been taking showers without a curtain because we can't seem to locate a rod yet. I think we've become pretty good with our aim!
We've had the privilege of growing to like a national favorite . . . green, unripe plums. Instead of waiting to harvest all the plums when they ripen, they pick them from the time they are the least bit edible (which is still relative) and continue harvesting them until they are fully ripened.
Liver continues to sneak up on us in various situations. I recently ate half of plate of fried liver while eating out with some friends. This is how I did it . . . one bite of liver, one bite of bread, one sip of water . . . over and over and over again until the plate was half finished. Thankfully, I had already explained to my friends that I would only eat half a plate, so no one was offended. One of the ladies just had the other half packaged and took it home to her husband to eat.
Microwave popcorn made it on the menu of a recent BINGO gathering. It was a new concept for pretty much everyone.
What happens when we decide to eat dinner before language class? Our teacher feeds us! Yeah, our class was scheduled for an hour later than normal a few weeks ago. Because of that, we decided to eat our dinner before going to class. Our teacher and his wife, being the hospitable hosts that they are, had ordered dinner for us! So what did we do? You've got it . . . we ate every bite!! We were stuffed!
The following picture is of a tiny broom (about 4 in. long) that is believed to keep evil spirits away. There is a magnet on the back so that it can be hung on the fridge. And that diamond shaped thing in the middle is a mirror.
Have any of you ever been the ONE person in a group who was seriously underdressed? I have! And not that long ago. I (Melissa) recently traveled overnight with a group of women. I asked before packing what kinds of clothes to pack. My friend told me to bring comfortable clothes. So, what did I pack? Jeans, long sleeved t-shirts, and the only shoes I took were the ones I wore - tennis shoes. You'd think I would have learned by now that it goes without saying here that when a group of people eat dinner together away from home or with company, the dress code is far from comfortable. I went to dinner that night feeling a bit out of place! I was the only one in jeans and certainly the only ones in tennis shoes!! Either no one noticed, or everyone was just too nice to say anything, but it went unchallenged. Well, one of my roomies did ask me if I was going "like that" but it wasn't an insult, just a matter of fact question - I think! Next time, I'll be sure to pack some fancy clothes, even if it's not mentioned ahead of time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment