The previous post described our visit to the doctor today, but I forgot to add one minor thing that maybe you'll find interesting.
Our doctor has an office at the hospital and a private office in another part of town. We've started making appointments at the hospital mostly because it's easier to get to from our house, the lab is there if blood work needs to be done, and the cost is about $15 cheaper. I called on Monday to get an appointment for today (Tuesday) and was told that there were no appointments available. No problem - we made one for Thurs. morning.
Last night, while attempting to get ready for bed (10:40), our local telephone rang. That's a very unusual thing and usually a wrong number if it's that time of night. Mark answered it, and a lady asked to speak with me. When I answered it I was very surprised to hear the secretary on the other end of the phone telling me she's from the hospital and wants to inform me that my appointment for Thurs. has been canceled and needs to be rescheduled. I'd like to say I was really surprised, but considering people here are still eating dinner at that hour, I wasn't all that surprised!
I truly hope that the next time your doctor's office decides to change an appointment they'll call you at a more decent hour!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melissa
I can not imagine eating dinner at
10:40Pm or getting a phone call at that time either.
It is nice you are able to go to the hospital near you for your check up?
Love Linda
Post a Comment