Thursday, October 16, 2008

Grits as a dessert?

So in the last post I forgot to describe the dessert I tasted for the first time today. I thought you might be interested.

Think grits (or something very similar) mixed in a sweet slightly custardy pudding. Oh yeah, did I mention that it also has chunks of cheese in it? And it's served warm. Our friend served ours with chopped hazelnuts sprinkled on top with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream.

The first bite was not too bad. On the second bite, it was helpful to have a little ice cream with it. But by the third bite and so on, I started to gag. My wonderful husband picked up on the fact that I was struggling to eat it, but no way could we leave so much uneaten (it was a sweet treat "for the baby"). Somehow he managed to make a little joke out of how he ate his so fast and I was eating mine so slowly. And he scooped up the last few bits of mine for me!

No comments: