Well, today I made up my mind I was ready to have my first international haircut. Mark's had several - of course, all he does is buzz his with his Braun! For me, it seemed to be a little intimidating. However, it needed to be done, and there's no time like the present to get it done, right?! That's what I thought, too!
I had spent the morning cleaning up around the house, reading, sorting through receipts, etc., so I was ready to get out of the house. The sun was shining - it looked beautiful outside!! As I was finishing getting dressed my doorbell rang. It was my friend "across the hall" inviting me to go with her to the outdoor bazaar. I told her that I wanted to get my haircut, and she said OK, we'll go to the bazaar, then, we'll go get your hair cut. (Or something like that - I only caught about every 3rd or 4th word!) What a blessing!! Off we went . . .
We stopped by a friend's apartment to meet her, and we all walked through the bazaar together. Again, someone was showing me the ropes. (I bought a shirt for $1!! We'll see how long it lasts, huh?) After walking through the bazaar, we started to make our way to the beauty salon - we walked up, up, up, uphill for a long time only to run into one of the guys that works at the shop and find out they couldn't do it today. Then we walked halfway back down the hill to check out another place - all full there, too. Then we ran into another guy from the first salon, and he said he could cut my hair. Back up the hill we went!!
Well, the haricut experience itself was not so bad. My friends gave me a book to look through, which helped with explaining what I wanted. However, what can you choose when all of the choices look like they came from the latest sci-fi movie?! At last I found a normal looking one, all the while wondering how they could possibly make it look sci-fi-ish. One guy washed, conditioned, and brushed my hair. Another guy cut my hair. Another guy dried/styled my hair. And what do you know . . . by the time he was finished I looked pretty wind-blown!! At least it wasn't sci-fi though! After walking around in the cold air for a while it settled down into a nice looking hairdo. We'll see what I can make of it tomorrow morning!!
Oh yeah, it cost less than $10 AND they served hot tea during my hair cut!! The guy even stopped cutting every now and then so that I could take a sip. Any of you ladies ever had an experience quite like that before?! I suppose it's one worth repeating!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment