Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Our Christmas Feast



Though we were far away from home, we made sure our food was as much like home as possible. As you can see, we got a little carried away with the mashed potatoes! But we ate half of them at lunch and almost all of the leftovers today. YUMMY!!! The stuffing didn't turn out quite right, but we scarfed it down anyway - there a few bites that tasted like it was supposed to. The bread is a little too different from what we used at home. We'll have to keep experimenting until we find something that will work. And maybe the next time I try to make it I'll be more successful at getting enough celery from the local bazaar!! Ha ha ha!

As for gifts . . . Mark got two game sets to learn how to play with his local friends. Games here are not cheap, so Christmas was a good time to buy both of them at one time - AND I got them on sale!! And you'll never guess where I found them . . . the grocery store! The day after I decided what to buy for him I was grocery shopping and lo and behold there was a whole display shelf full of the exact games I wanted. That's my kind of shopping!!

Mark went all out for me . . . we've been looking at bare walls for 2 monhts now, so he decided to pick out a painting from a local artist downtown for the wall above our sofa. The picture below shows what it looks like. He did a great job choosing - it looks great in our living room!!!





We hope that all of you had a delicious meal yesterday and some enjoyable time with family and friends. Merry "Day After" Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Dan and Tami said...

Hey guys, we hadn't seen your blog in a few weeks. We enjoyed reading and catching up a bit. Glad all's going well. Can't wait to see you again.