Wednesday, August 22, 2007

How did it go?

Well, I've been asked about the hair-cutting class, so I thought I would put your minds at ease and let you know that I still have every bit of hair I had when I posted the last entry! I did not have to sacrifice my hair. In fact, the whole event turned out to be a little unusual. We had a very bad storm, and the power went out in the middle of a lady's haircut. Thankfully, the lady cutting her hair is a professional and continued by the light of a flashlight!! She did a beautiful job, but most people were more interested in the storm as it was the first rain we'd seen in a really long time. I'm sure that many of you can relate to that! The other folks who came over to watch the haircut stayed glued to the windows watching the rain and lightning. It was like we'd all forgotten what a storm looks and sounds like.

I also started my quilt tonight. I was told that it will take between 10 and 15 hours if I stay committed to it. Once I finish, I'll try to remember to post a picture of it.

We both had our first round of shots yesterday. We both got three shots, and one of them was for Rabies. No, there's been no foaming at the mouth or crazy behaviors! HA! But our arms are rather sore, and we are fotunate enough to get some more shots next week. We have two more Rabies shots to go (plus a few others). Yeah! The nurses were wonderful, and we got some really cool band-aids!!

I think it's time for me to close for the night. It's been a long day, and I think the bed's calling my name. Take care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ya'all! Saw you had no comments in the comments section. So I figured we'd let you know we are checking out your blog from time to time. And...wanted to leave a comment. COMMENT. So there it is. Love ya's
Todd
(Carol & Boys too!)

Teri said...

Mark and Melissa...
Just wanted to let you know that you are both in my thoughts each day, and I am wishing you great Blessings in your new endeavor! Melissa, I hope you are able to finish your quilt! What a neat hobby to take up!!!!