Here we are nearing the end of the first leg of our journey. Boy, has the time flown by!! We've been hanging out with some friends learning about what overseas life will be like. There have been some ups and downs along the way, but overall we've had a great time. Over the last few weeks, as we've finished our preparations we've had lots of shots, signed lots of papers, learned what it's going to take to learn a new language, eaten some new foods, and the list could go on and on. If only there was time to share everything with all of you!
The quilt is almost complete. I have 1 1/2 sides left to hand stitch, and then I'll be done! Yahoo!!! I do plan to post a picture, but I have to wait to get back to my mom and dad's house to get our cable so I can put them on the computer.
Our parents are coming to visit us next week, and we're excited about seeing them. Then we'll be leaving to stay with them for about a week before we leave the country. We get to see our brand new nephew (who's a real cutie!), and we get to spend a few days with our beloved Titus.
We have our plane tickets, which reminds us that our time in the States is growing short. There is still a lot to be done. We're finalizing some paperwork and making sure we've made our lists and checked them twice (or three, four, five times!). We've learned some fun things about the place we're headed to, and we can't wait to meet the people and learn to talk with them in their own language.
It's almost dinner time here, so I'll close for now. I'm not sure how long it will be before we get to post again with all of the traveling, packing, and moving. But we'll post when we can. And maybe the next time we write, we'll have a few interesting stories to share about our new home!
with much love,
M&M
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment