- Jewelry stores don't do jewelry repairs. You have to go to a jewelry repair shop for that.
- There's a cheap brand clothing store downtown that puts stuff on sidewalk racks in the front part of the store and out on the sidewalk when they're ready to mark down things for the last time. And if you buy from that part of the store you aren't allowed to go inside to try it on and you have to pay cash to this man that stands behind a counter and cuts clothing tags in half. The other day I found a blouse on one of the outside racks for about $2.00 that I thought would make a nice blouse to where to a wedding this coming weekend. I couldn't decide what size to get, so I guessed and decided that if it didn't fit I could easily bring it back to exchange it. Sure enough I got to my friend's art studio and tried it on, and it didn't fit. When I took it back I told the guy it was too small, and he just basically said, "yeah, yeah, just go over there and get what you want." There was no handing him the too small one with the receipt. I just took the too small one back to the rack, picked out a bigger size, stuck it in my shopping bag, and walked out. Later I took the blouse out of the bag and noticed a snag in the sleeve, so I decided I needed to exchange it again. This time I didn't even bother going over to the money man. I just took the old one and put it on the rack, took a different one, and left. No one ever asked what I was doing! I guess once you pay your money, you could swap all day!!!
- A pair of pants can be taken in for about $1.00.
- You know you stand out in the crowd when strangers ask about your baby if you're downtown without the stroller.
- There's a new commercial for a dairy company here whose jingle is to the tune of "When the Saints Go Marching in."
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Random Things
I thought I would write a little about some random things we've encountered over the past couple of weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment