Be forewarned . . . the following information is purely random and for most of you useless, but it was very interesting to this very pregnant mom-to-be. Enjoy!
Just yesterday I was watching a National Geographic show on how the young of 4 different animals develop from conception until birth. Lemon sharks, some kind of wasp, kangaroos, and Emperor penguins. I've decided I'm very thankful that I'm not any one of those! Here's why . . . sharks are born backward (tail first), the wasps larva are implanted into another poor worm creatures body and then chew their way out only to kill their host, once the baby kangaroo has developed enough it can poke its head and legs out of the pouch anytime it wants to (it goes in and out, in and out, in and out for a few weeks before completely being separated from mom AND I only thought Nathan had some powerful kicks - he doesn't have anything on a baby kangaroo), and as for the penguin . . . well, maybe that wouldn't be so bad because after the mother lays the egg it's up to the father to take care of it until time to hatch! Ha ha!!!
Of course, with all of that said, this just shows what a creative Creator we have! It reminds me of the kid song "If I Were a Butterfly." I'm glad He made me the way He did!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment