Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lifelong Learners

I suppose that I've always enjoyed being a student. There's something about those "Ah-ha" moments that I crave!! Well, I've had lots of those over the past week and a half. As we have gathered with a few of our colleagues for training, my craving for learning is certainly being fulfilled!

What I'm learning most of all is that there is more to this life than ME! Well, yes, of course, I already "knew" that!! But knowing it in my head and living it wholeheartedly are two different things. We've really been challenged to consistently examine our attitudes and seek to live a lifestyle that's willing to be inconvenienced so that others will have opportunities. Hopefully, that makes at least a little sense to you. If not, I hope you will continue thinking about it until it does!!

OK - enough of the heavy stuff! Tonight I am going to a class on how to cut hair. Who knows what I'll end up looking like by the end of class because I'm going to offer my hair for practice, if needed. I'm also going to start a quilting class sometime next week, and I've been told that if I spend so much time per week, I might just be able to finish a small quilt by the time we move. I'm very excited!! So far Mark hasn't signed up for any fun classes, but I'll let you know if/when he does.

Also, next week we have get our first round of overseas vaccinations. Yipee!!! They've already told us to take some Tylenol or Ibuprofen before we get them. Looks like we'll be learning a bit about pain, too!

Please take care! Send a comment if you'd like by clicking on the comment link below this post. We'd love to hear from you!!

Blessings,
M&M

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi M&M,
Thank you so omuch for taking the time to journal in your blog and sending e-mails, it makes us feel like a small part of what you are doing. We still miss you, especially when we go to cut your grass(Jerry especilly misses Titus giving him his exercise. We think of you often and pray for you each time you cross oour minds.
In His love,xdnel
Jerry & Glendora

Vickie Bowers said...

Hello M&M
Good to read that things seem to be moving in the right direction for you guys and that your house is slowing getting in order. The cooking stuff sounds like a real adventure. I am sure that you will get creative with chicken and rice making into all sorts of neat dishes. Things here in Clayton are busy with all the kids and the many activities that are going on.

Mike and Vickie

Vickie Bowers said...

Hello M&M

It is great to hear that things are moving in the right direction and that you are slowing but surely getting your household set up. I am sure that you will become very creative with chicken and rice and come up with some unique ways to prepare it. Things here in Clayton are great. The kids are keeping us very busy with all of their many activities and events.

Mike and Vickie